Sunday, November 6, 2011

Five Years Later

November 4th, 2006

That was the day I first believed that Jesus is my Lord and Savior.
Like Paul says in Romans 10:9:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
I declared with my mouth that I was a sinner, that I could do nothing to earn His love and my salvation, and my life as a Born-Again Christian began. I don't know that I can even begin to put the past five years into words.  I wrote a facebook note several weeks after I took this step of faith, and I thought I'd share it.  I think I describe the experience and the excitement of beginning a new life in Christ quite well:
I love God. And He loves me. He always has. A few weeks ago I got down on my knees and told Him I was willing to give up my life to Him. I have never felt better. God is so good. I finally understand that He is all I need and all that I will ever need. I am so happy and grateful that I am His. I have been reading His Word and trying everyday to grow under His watchful care. And because of His amazing love I am saved forever by His grace. How wonderful is that? How truly amazing and incomprehensible is a God who loves you no matter what you do, who knows you're sinful and always will be. And that's why He sent Jesus, His Word, down to earth as a sacrifice. A living sacrifice. God is so good. He is the truth, the way, the light. That's all there is to it.

Looking at it now I realized I misquoted Jesus when he said in John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life"--but I don't think it matters much because He IS my light now.

I'm in love with Jesus. That's all there is to it.

Thanks for reading.
Shayla Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment