Thursday, April 12, 2012

March

What a crazy month.

I visited three graduate schools during that time:

The Seattle School of Theology and Psychology in Seattle, WA
Western Seminary in Portland, OR
Regent College in Vancouver, BC

I got my Hunter Education License.
I took a risk and started dating a man who has been pursuing me. 
I admitted to myself that I am an intellectual, that I love to learn.
I prayed.
I cried.
I prayed and cried.
I discovered that when Jesus tells us to not worry about tomorrow (Matthew 6:34), this command is for every single day, every season, including seasons of making life-altering decisions.
In other words, just because I have to make a decision about next year, this does not mean I get to worry, I have not found a loop-hole.

New International Version
Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.
New Living Translation
Let my soul be at rest again, for the LORD has been good to me.
English Standard Version
Return, O my soul, to your rest; for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.
Psalm 116:7

He is asking me to rest, even in this crazy season of my life.

Rest. My rational person laughs that this, but my heart knows I must trust Him.

Shayla

1 comment:

  1. Although resting in Him and laying your cares at the altar (and then LEAVING them there!) is one of the hardest things to do, it is one of the most necessary. Unless we allow God to work on these things in our life (you know, by not saying, "Here, let me grab that from you. I've got this), He'll never have the chance.

    ReplyDelete